Please visit http://cariobands.org for updated information on upcoming band events. Dates, times and locations are subject to change.
SmartMusic CDs and microphones will be distributed in class this week. 6th grade students must return the SmartMusic assignment by this Friday in order to receive a CD.
Important things to know:
- Assignments will begin September 25, so don't delay activating the subscription and enrolling in the appropriate class.
- Deadline for activation is October 4. After that date, outstanding subscriptions will be cancelled and parents will have to purchase a SmartMusic subscription online.
- Refer to the Support page on Smartmusic.com or call their support line if you have issues with installation, microphones, enrollment or any other technical question (the directors won't be able to help.)
- Every student, even those sharing a subscription with a sibling, must have their own email address to enroll in a class.
- Students who prepaid will receive microphones in class. A few extra microphones were ordered and are first come, first served. Fill out the order form and return with payment.
6th graders interested in pursuing the 6th grade honor medal have the option of enrolling in the SmartMusic Honor Band class in addition to their regular 6th grade class. Completion of all required passoffs in the SmartMusic Honor Band class is necessary to be eligible for the honor medal. Refer to the handbook for additional requirements.
Letter Writing Campaign Winners
Congratulations to the following students for contributing the most addresses for the Cario Bands Together for Kids campaign! Each will receive a Towne Center gift card.
6th Grade: Catherine Sanders (WW), 19
7th Grade: Cameron Jordan (B), 17
8th Grade: Lizzy Franco, 30
Don't miss the Lowcountry Invitational Marching Band Festival on Saturday, October 1. Free admission for all Cario Band students wearing their Cario Band t-shirts (we expect our band t-shirt order to arrive the last week of September, just in time for LCI) There will be plenty of concessions, marching band themed items for sale and a "Fastest Drummer" competition. Our own six-time 5A state marching band state champions, Wando High School Marching Band, will perform at 9pm.
LCI needs volunteers! All 8th grade students are encouraged to volunteer and can sign up on the Wando Bands LCI volunteer page. Student volunteers will get credit for Honor Band.
8th Grade Wando Band Night
8th graders will have an opportunity to play with Wando's marching band members before a home football crowd on Friday, October 7. Students who play flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet or trombone should purchase or borrow a lyre and flipbook in time for the rehearsal on Thursday, October 6. Lyres and flipbooks are available at Mt. Pleasant Music, The Instrument Doc, Encore Music or Music & Arts, but call before you go to make sure they have what you need.
The directors would like to thank everyone who came out and supported the Beach Sweep last weekend. Over 50 Cario Band students and their families "swept" the beach. This is just the first of several community service projects the band will participate in throughout the year. For more information, contact Kathy Gierszal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 23, 2011
Wando Performing Arts Center
Tickets: Students $5 General Admission $8