From the President
I apologize for the hiatus on the FTBR weekly announcements. We had a flurry of activity in the Cario Bands since February 1st, and my day job duties at CSU were extraordinary. Alas, we're back in the saddle now, and focusing our attention to Region Band, Jazz Concert, Concert Festival, and of course Florida and Carowinds! So, read on my friends - we have a lot to share with you!
Jazz Band/Percussion Ensemble Concert Postponed
Due to conflicts with the Cario Middle School calendar, the Jazz Band/Percussion Ensemble concert originally scheduled Thursday, February 23 has been postponed. We're currently searching for a new date in early March. Stay tuned!
Region Band This Weekend!
Region band is FRIDAY AND SATURDAY this week. Remember to send in your $20.00 to offset costs for the trip. That fee covers their meals (lunch both days) and will cover a small portion of the bus cost. Please send $20.00 (either cash or a check made out to the Cario Band Boosters) as soon as possible.
The bus will depart and return to LAING MIDDLE SCHOOL. We are sharing a bus with Cario, Laing, and Moultrie students. We need chaperones! We'll cover your lunch if you're willing to ride the bus and help herd our Region Band students. Please contact Mrs. Mumford ASAP if you're interested.
Scmea Performance Recap
The 7th-Grade band performance and Mrs. Mumford's clinic at SCMEA were simply amazing! Our students beautifully represented our program, Cario Middle School, and our families. Congratulations to Mrs. Mumford, the 7th-Grade Band members, and to YOU for helping make this historic event a huge success. A quick note: if you haven't sent in your $20 for the SCMEA/Columbia trip, please do so.
Finally, a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to Jonathan Carlton for driving the Cario Band Equipment Trailer to Columbia and back for us. We also had help from a few band parents, as well as the band directors from Laing MS and Wando HS. Teamwork makes the Dream work!
Florida Trip Update
We are FULL for chaperones for the Florida trip! Thanks everyone for the tremendous support! We had an outpouring of volunteers for the Florida trip, and we can't take everyone. The chaperones selected have been notified. For all Florida Trip Parents - be sure to get your remaining Florida Trip fees paid as soon as possible. The deadline has passed. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carowinds Trip -
6th Grade Band
Information for the Carowinds trip for the 6th Grade band is coming soon! We're in the final stages of planning for this trip, and simply have to crunch the numbers to determine the final cost. Some good news - this trip will have an Online Payment option! Stay tuned.
From The Cario Treasury
Thanks for supporting your students and the Cario Band program! If you have questions about your statement, please contact our Accounts Receivable Treasurer at email@example.com.
- Collective HIGH FIVES and many thanks for submitting checks with your student's name and purpose of the payment. This makes our job MUCH easier!
- Please remind your student to put their payment in the Payment Box in Mr. Scott's office! Sometimes those stay in backpacks or binders longer than they should.
- If you are renting an instrument from Cario Bands and you haven't submitted your Spring payment, please do so as soon as possible. The fee is $75 per semester.
- 7th-Grade Parents: If you haven't sent in your $20 for SCMEA/Columbia, please do so as soon as possible.
- FLORIDA TRIP Parents - Final payments are now due. The total trip cost is $599, and all band fees must be paid as well.
- We are finalizing the Carowinds trip cost this week. Stay tuned!
- Congratulations to all who made Region and All-State Bands! The Region Band fee of $20 is due now, and the All-State fee will be published soon.
|POSTPONED Feb||Jazz Band/Troubadour/Percussion Ensemble Concert|
|February 24-||REGION BAND CLINIC, Claflin University, Orangeburg, SC|