A Note from the Directors:
Summer Rental Returns
Return School-owned Instruments which were rented during the summer on Wednesday and Thursday, August 22nd and 23rd to be checked-in. We will provide rental information for tubas, euphoniums, trombones, bassoons, and french horns to the students during class. The program owns a few other instruments in limited quantities which may be available for rental. Please contact us for more information.
Some students that participate in both Band and Orchestra have scheduling conflicts. The Administration is aware of the problem and we are trying to resolve the situation.
Mr. Scott and Mrs. Wilkinson
Note from the President
Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help on Fact and Fee Day. We also appreciate all the families and students that stopped by the band table. We will be sending home the student packets to those whom were unable to attend. Remember to return the required forms by Wednesday, August 29th as they are worth a homework grade!
Please make sure you return the Student Information Sheet even if you did not make any changes or corrections. Put all required forms (7th & 8th grade parents must print out the Statement of Responsibility Form), Welcome Breakfast Reservations, Florida Trip Form and CCSD Medical Form (only if you are planning on participating in the Florida or Carowinds trips) in the envelope they came in. Have your child bring it to the band room. We'll have booster volunteers in the band room every day this week sorting forms and getting materials ready for the students.
Have a wonderful first day of school!
President, Cario Band Booster
Band Night ~ Tuesday, August 28th at the Cario Gym
Parents are expected to attend this mandatory meeting. The directors will be outlining the band program for the year and will be available to answer questions. The Band Boosters will be collecting FSA payment, notary available for CCSD Medical Forms (for students participating in the Florida and Carowinds trips), turn in Student Packets and collect Florida Registration Commitment Forms (7th & 8th Grade only).
- Check-in Table opens for 6th Grade Parents @ 5:40 pm
- 6th Grade Parent Meeting 6 – 7 pm
- Instrument Rental (not school-owned) 7 – 8 pm
- Check-in Table opens for 7th & 8th Grade Parents @ 7:10 pm (we will olunteers available to notarize your Medical Forms)
- 7th & 8th Grade Parent Meeting 7:30 – 8 pm
Representatives from Music & Arts & Instrument Doc (Trombones only) will be at Band Night as a convenience to assist parents with instrument rentals (not school-owned). There may be wait times depending on the number of people needing to rent instruments. Parents may visit these stores to arrange an instrument rental at their convenience. Be sure to let them know you have a student in the Cario Bands Program.
Fair Share Assessment Deposit of $100 is due by Band Night. The directors and Band Boosters believe no child should have to forgo band because of financial reasons. Please contact the treasurer to discuss payment plans, the Application for Band Fee Waiver or make other financial arrangements.
- 6th Grade: Instruments will be delivered (non-school instruments) at Fast Start Clinics on Wednesday, September 5th for Woodwinds and Thursday, September 6th for Brass.
- 7th & 8th Grade: Students in the 7th and 8th grades should bring their instrument in on Monday, August 27th (or according to the directors' instructions in class.)
New Online Payments
We have launched our on-line payment through our website! For your convenience we are offering an easy on-line Payment Option for Fair Share Assessment, band fees and trip payments. Look for the "Click and Pledge" menu. Please note that these fees have been adjusted to cover the additional costs that we incur from our bank.
Music Books and Other Materials
- 7th and 8th graders: We will begin to distribute books and binders to students in 7th and 8th grades the first week of school.
- 6th Grade Band: Books and binders will be distributed during the Fast Start Clinics.
- The students that were not measured at Fact and Fee Day will be sized for t-shirts, polo's (6th graders and Jazz) and concert uniforms (7th and 8th graders) during class.
- 7th and 8th graders: Please try on your Cario Band t-shirt to check if you need a new shirt.
- Remember for 8th graders: You will need a Cario Bands t-shirt for 8th Grade Wando Night. T-shirts should fit properly and not be faded, stained, torn or ripped.
Florida Band Trip ~ 7th & 8th Grade
Students in 7th and 8th grades can sign up now for the Florida trip. This year the band will be going to Universal and will participate in a band workshop or festival. We have 88 seats available and will add a third bus if we get an additional 25 students registered. The dates for the trip are April 11th - April 14th with an approximate cost of $525. Please return the Florida Trip Commitment Form as soon as you can with the deposit and 2012-2013 After-Hours Medical and Extra-Curricular Consent Form. Please remember that this form must be notarized and turned in with your registration form. We will also have volunteers available to notarize your form at Band Night. Reminder: You must complete the section for Over the Counter Medication and provide a date (month & year) for the tetanus shot. There will be opportunities to fundraise for the trip (Pies & Fruit sales and the Spring Fundraisers).