CCSD Field Trip Form – Due Thursday, October 18th
If you are interested in chaperoning for either of our spring Band Field Trips, please refer to the "From the Band Room – October 1, 2012" for details.
- CCSD Field Trip Form and Spring Trip Dates
Select the specific trip and print out the CCSD Field Trip Form below. Print your name at the top and sign and date the first section. Don't complete the second section for "Transporting Students in your Vehicle", as this doesn't't apply to any of our trips. Send in your completed form(s) using one of the options below.
Florida Trip – 7th & 8th Grade: Thursday, April 11 - Sunday, April 14, 2013, Orlando, Florida
Carowinds Festival of Music – 6th Grade: Friday, April 26, 2013, Fort Mill, SC
- Turning in your CCSD Field Trip Form
1. Scan your application and email it to email@example.com.
2. Send it in with your child to the band room.
3. Place the form in an envelope and drop it off at the front office. Write on the envelope "Jeff Scott" and CCSD Field Trip Form. Your envelope will be placed in Mr. Scott's mail box.
4. Mail your form to Cario Bands, 1121-B Park West Blvd., #224, Mt. Pleasant 29466 ATTN: CCSD Field Trip Form
SmartMusic - All Grades
Deadline for activation is October 6th. After that date, outstanding subscriptions will be canceled and parents will have to purchase a SmartMusic subscription online. We have 11 outstanding licenses that are due to expire.
Just a reminder that Mrs. Wilkinson posts the SmartMusic assignments on the website on our "Assignments" page.
For more information on how to steps for submitting an assignment, please review the SmartMusic How to Open, Practice and Submit an Assignment, which is located on the SmartMusic tab under "For Parents and Students". Also, if you experience technical problems with SmartMusic or your microphone, please call the help line 1-866-240-4041 (hours 8:30 am – 9:00 pm CST Monday through Friday).
"Call When Needed Volunteers" & Lollipop Sales Volunteers
We have removed our "General Volunteer" group, because when we request volunteers we send out an email to all our families. However, we have noticed lately that there are times that either the Boosters or the Band Directors need something accomplished at the last minute. We are now creating a "Call When Needed" list so we can send out a volunteer request with a 24 - 48 hour notice. Also, we are starting to schedule volunteers to help with Lollipop sales in the Cario Cafeteria on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays and Fridays during the lunch hours (10:30 am - 1:30 pm). The volunteer sign-up sheets to help with Lollipop sales didn't get entered into our database. If you would like to be added to either of these groups, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please specify which group you want to be added to, your first and last name and the name of your student.
6th Grade Uniform
Students will bring home their Cario Bands t-shirts on Friday, October 5th and they can wear them to LCI for free admission.
Outside Concert Opportunities
Wando Lowcountry Invitational
The Wando High School Band Boosters are pleased to announce the 2012 Lowcountry Invitational Marching Band Festival to be held at the Old Wando High School Stadium. High school marching bands from 1A to 5A in the South Carolina Lowcountry, surrounding areas, and even neighboring states will be competing throughout the afternoon and evening, followed by an exhibition by the Wando High School Marching Band.
- When: Saturday, October 6th
- Time: 2:30 – 10 pm
- Wando Bands Exhibition Performance 9 pm (approximately)
- Cost:: $5 for students and $8 for adults – Cario Band Students get free admission when wearing their Band T-shirts.
- The Wando High School Principal has requested that middle school students be accompnaied by an adult for their own safety.