Note from the Directors
SmartMusic: 6th Grade SmartMusic Assignments are Lines #29 and #33, which were assigned on Thursday, 10/11 and are due on Wednesday, 10/17.
The 7th and 8th Grade are performing a Halloween Concert on Monday, October 29 at 7:30 pm in the Cario Gym. Uniform - a Halloween Costume (make sure it is instrument playing friendly). Bring the family and dress up (or not), and get into the Halloween spirit.
We need to combine the 7th grade band classes (Brass and Woodwinds/Percussion) in a rehearsal to prepare for the Halloween Concert. We will have rehearsal on Thursday, October 25th in the band room with a call time of 7:10 am (before school). Rehearsal begins promptly at 7:15 am.
All-County, Region 4 and All-State Audition Form and Parent Information went home on Tuesday, October 9 to the 7th and 8th Grade. Forms are due no later than Friday, October 18th. No late forms will be accepted. No exceptions.
IMPORTANT: We launched our Fall Student Fundraisers on Friday, October 12 during class. We confirmed at the end of the day (after 6th & 7th grade classes) that we were partnering with East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO). Cario Band families, friends and neighbors can donate pies and fruit for families in need for the holidays. Cario Band Boosters will deliver the products to ECCO. Please read the fundraising information below.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
CCSD Field Trip Form – Due Thursday, October 18th
If you are interested in chaperoning for either of our spring Band Field Trips, please refer to the "From the Band Room – October 1, 2012" for details.
- CCSD Field Trip Form and Spring Trip Dates
Select the specific trip and print out the CCSD Field Trip Form below. Print your name at the top and sign and date the first section. Don't complete the second section for "Transporting Students in your Vehicle", as this doesn't't apply to any of our trips. Send in your completed form(s) using one of the options below.
Florida Trip – 7th & 8th Grade: Thursday, April 11 - Sunday, April 14, 2013, Orlando, Florida
Carowinds Festival of Music – 6th Grade: Friday, April 26, 2013, Fort Mill, SC
- Turning in your CCSD Field Trip Form
If you have turned in your form and not received a confirmation email, please contact Caragh Caddell immediately.
1. Scan your application and email it to email@example.com.
2. Send it in with your child to the band room.
3. Place the form in an envelope and drop it off at the front office. Write on the envelope "Jeff Scott" and CCSD Field Trip Form. Your envelope will be placed in Mr. Scott's mail box.
4. Mail your form to Cario Bands, 1121 Park West Blvd., Suite B, #224, Mt. Pleasant 29466 ATTN: CCSD Field Trip Form.
We kicked off our Fall Fundraisers in class on Friday, October 12 for Fruit and Pies.
- Both fundraisers run from Friday, October 12 - Monday, October 29.
- Please have customers write separate checks for Fruit and Pie sales, and make checks out to Cario Band Boosters.
- New ~ Donate Fruit & Pies to East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO). We received confirmation late on Friday (after 6th & 7th grade classes) that we are partnering with ECCO to donate Pies and Fruit for families in need for the holiday season. Your student will receive a portion of the profit, and the customer can take a deduction on their taxes! Please print out the Fall Fundraising Flyer to provide customers with a record of their donation.
- You can print order forms for Pie and Fruit which reflect the added information for donating to ECCO. If you use the order forms handed out in class, please place an "*" by donated orders.
- Volunteers: We will need volunteers to process orders on Tuesday, October 30th. Use the link to sign-up https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=CarioMSB&v=1308010. Please remember that you do not need to "Enter Student Password".
- Student Band Statements will be mailed out on Monday, November 16th, showing profits posted from Pies and Fruit as well as balance owed (remember QSP and Letter Writing Campaign is not applied to students' accounts).
- You will receive an email with the date and location for order pick-up. We will also be asking for volunteers to help distribute the orders.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wando Band Night
Mandatory for all 8th Grade Band Students
Thursday, October 18th – Rehearsal 5 – 6 pm (approximately)
Friday, October 19th Band Night TBA (approximately 5:30 - 9 pm)
If your student can't attend this event, please send an email to Mr. Scott at email@example.com for an excused absence.
(Note: We realize that many Cario Band Students will be participating in the PSAT on Saturday, October 20th at 8 am. Students may leave the Wando Field after the half time performance at approximately 8:50 pm.)
Special Instructions: Students will sit in the stands with Wando Band and be under the supervision of the Cario Band Directors until the end of the half time performance. Students will be released to parents after the performance. If they remain at the game they must be under the supervision of an adult.
Students with large instruments at home should make arrangements to bring those instruments to the rehearsal and performance. Percussionists should bring sticks. Please don't leave your instrument in the stands!
Wando Bands takes a food break starting at 3rd quarter. Band students are welcome to remain in the stands and play with the Wando Band during 4th quarter. However, middle school students must have parental supervision during 3rd & 4th quarter.
Rehearsal Information: Thursday, October 18, from 5 – 6 pm at Wando High School's Band Practice Field (not the Old Wando Football Field on Mathis Ferry Road).
Directions to Wando High School Band Practice Field: Proceed north on Hwy 17 past the Park West entrance. Turn left onto Carolina Park Blvd. Take the first right and follow the road to the parking area in front of the band's practice field. Some parking is available behind the school.
Performance Information: Friday, October 18 (students will be informed at rehearsal of the call time) at Old Wando Football Field on Mathis Ferry Road
Directions to Old Wando: From Cario, proceed south on Hwy 17 to Mathis Ferry Road (CVS will be on the right) Turn right onto Mathis Ferry Road. Parking will be on the right before reaching Whipple Road
Uniform: Students should dress comfortably for rehearsal. Uniform for the Friday night performance includes black Cario Band t-shirt, khaki shorts, white socks and white (or nearly so) sneakers. Students will be told if they can wear jeans instead of shorts if the weather turns cool. PLEASE don't wait until the day of the performance to try on your black t-shirt!
"Call When Needed Volunteers" & Lollipop Sales Volunteers
We are creating a "Call When Needed" list so we can send out a volunteer request with a 24 - 48 hour notice. Also, we are starting to schedule volunteers to help with Lollipop Sales in the Cario Cafeteria on the 2nd & 4th Thursdays and Fridays during the lunch hours (10:30 am - 1:30 pm). If you would like to be added to either of these groups, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please specify which group you want to be added to, your first and last name and the name of your student.