Note from the Directors
We have scheduled concert rehearsals for the 6th and 7th grade bands. The 7th grade band rehearsal will be on Thursday, December 6th, at 7:10 am. The 6th grade band rehearsal will be on Thursday, December 6th promptly after school - 3:45 - 5:30 pm; pick-up starts at 5:15 pm in front of the Gym. Please remember the attendance of these rehearsals is mandatory and part of your student's grade.
A reminder to students that want to be considered for 6th Grade Honor Medal that you should be working on your SmartMusic pass-offs. These pass-offs are located under "6th Grade Honor Band". You must complete All SmartMusic Honor Band Pass-offs, have 95% or higher AND 1 red note or less. The solo line must be turned OFF and "Click" must be ON. This is not something your student can accomplish at the last minute, so get a head start now.
Students participating in County/Region/State Auditions:
South Carolina Band Director's Association states that, according to Copyright Law, all students must bring the original book containing their solo to the auditions. They must have the original book with them in the audition room and cannot play off a photocopy only. Please plan to purchase this book sooner than later so you are not scrambling to get one at the last minute before auditions. Book Information for the solos can be found at http://www.bandlink.org/allstate/auditions/requirements/junior_solos/. The Instrument Doc currently has most audition books in stock. If for some reason they do not have it, they will order it for you and have it in a couple of days. Please call ahead to be sure they have the book in stock before driving to the store: 843-276-9239.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
- No Lessons Academy the week of Thanksgiving.
- Hoodie and Sport Bag Orders Due - Tuesday, November 27th at 8:30 am
- 6th Grade Band Rehearsal - Thursday, December 6th from 3:45 - 5:30 pm
- 7th Grade Band Rehearsal - Thursday, December 6th at 7:10 am
- Fundraising Fruit Order Pick-up - Saturday, December 8th (an email will be sent to families that participated in the Fruit Sales with additional information)
- 6th Grade Winter & Jazz Band Concert - Monday, December 10th at 7 pm
- 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert - Tuesday, December 11th at 7 pm
- Parent Night Out in December will be rescheduled to January/February.
- Classroom Holiday Parties - Thursday, December 20th (Band Room Volunteer Request to be emailed with additional details)
Cario Band Spirit Wear Order Deadline - Tuesday, November 27th at 8:30 am
We are placing Hoodie and Sport Bag orders that will arrive in time for the holidays. Order Forms are available in the band room or on our website. (Please note that we will be unable to provide an on-line payment for the Spirit Wear, so please send in a check with your order.)
- We must place our order on Tuesday, November 27TH. No late orders can be accepted.
- Sweatshirts (adult sizes only) and bags will not be ordered without payment.
- Make checks payable to "Cario Band Boosters" and note "hoodie/bag order" on the check.
- We will deliver orders to the students on Monday December 17TH. Please let us know if your order is a gift for the holidays so we can arrange delivery.
- Ordering a Hoodie or Sports Bag is optional and is provided to you at cost.
- Return the Order Form and payment to the band room by Tuesday, November 27TH @ 8:30 am.
District 2 Attendance Rezoning
Forwarding Information: Representatives from United Voice of East Cooper Communities spoke at the Moultrie District 1 & 2 meeting held on Wednesday, November 14. Over 11 neighborhoods have come together and if you support our initiative to delay rezoning until the stakeholders (citizens and residents of Mount Pleasant, Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms) can be included in the discussion, you can sign our petition "Charleston County School District - District 2 Constituent Board: Delay the Rezone" on Change.org This petition has room to make comments.
Outside Concert Opportunities
Each student is required to complete a minimum of 2 outside concerts by January 10, 2013. Please don't send in the form with only one evaluation. To be considered for 6th Grade Honor Medal or 7th & 8th Grade Honor Band, you must complete a total of 6 by May 10, 2013. If you know of any concert opportunities, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, November 15th - Wando Bands Concert at the Wando High School Performing Arts Center at 7 pm
- Saturday, November 17th - Mount Pleasant Town Center tree Lightening in front of Belks at 5 pm. East Cooper Baptist Church Orchestra (with Woodwinds & Brass), Hand Bells and Choir. Admission is free.
- Monday, December 3rd - Charleston Christmas Concert at the Performing Arts Center (5001 Coliseum Drive, North Charleston, SC 29418) on Monday, December 3rd at 7 pm. This is the annual East Cooper Baptist Christmas Concert for the community. Admission is free, but come early for a seat.
- Thursday, December 6th - Wando Bands Holiday Concert at the Wando High School Performing Arts Center at 7 pm
- Sunday, December 9th - Wando Bands perform in the Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade
- Monday, December 10th - 6th Grade Beginning Band and Jazz Band at the Cario Gym at 7 pm (outside concert opportunity for 7th grade and 8th graders not in Jazz Band)
- Tuesday, December 11th - 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert at the Cario Gym at 7 pm (Outside Concert Opportunity for 6th grade band students)
- The Fifteenth Annual Charleston TUBACHRISTMAS - Wednesday, December 12, 2012 at the Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul, Downtown Charleston at the corner of Coming St. and Vanderhorst St. Performance: 7:30 pm. Admission is free.
Wando Band Boosters Present "BandAide"
Friday, November 30th from 6:30 - 9 pm at Alhambra Hall (131 Middle St. Mt. Pleasant) in Mount Pleasant. It is $25 a ticket which includes food stations by Carrabbas, wine, beer, entertainment by D&M Productions, tickets and chance to bid on silent auction items (get your Holiday Shopping done early!) To order tickets, print out the 2012 Wando BandAide Flyer.
7th & 8th Grade Florida Trip - Important Reminders and Information
- Payment: The 2nd half of the deposit of $75 ($125 in total) was due on Thursday, November 8th. You can send payment to our mail box (1121 Park West Blvd., Suite B, #224, Mt. Pleasant, SC 29466), drop it off in the band room, or you can pay by credit card on our website by selecting "Band Trips - On-line Payment" in the left hand column under Click & Pledge. The trip is completely booked, so it is imperative that we receive your payment or notification that your student is dropping.
- We will no longer provide refunds if your student drops after 11/08/2012. If a student is grade ineligible in by January 23rd, your trip fee is refunded. The trip fees will be credited to your account if you have a balance owed.
- Registration Information: The Florida Parent Information is located on our website. Please read the information carefully and note the payment schedule, Florida Fundraiser and refund policy. If you are dropping the trip, please email Caragh Caddell at email@example.com.