Note from the Directors
- Holiday Concerts
6th Grade Winter Concert and Jazz Band Concert is on Monday, December 10th in the Gym at 7 pm - call time is 6:15 pm. Rehearsal for 6th Grade is on Thursday, December 6th from 3:45 to 5:30 pm. Students will be dismissed at approximately 5:15 pm. Please pick-up in front of the Gym and not by the Band Room Cabanas.
7th & 8th Grade Winter Concert is on Tuesday, December 11th in the Gym at 7 pm - call time is 6:15 pm. Rehearsal for 7th Grade is on Thursday, December 6th at 7:10 am.
6th Grade - Black pants from Stage Coach, blue polo shirt (shirts are tucked in), black shoes and socks.
7th & 8th Grade and Jazz Band - Black concert dress and no jewelry. Tux (with vest), black shoes & socks.
- Practice Charts
There are 3 weeks of practice charts accounted for in the grade book for the first Q2 progress report grade. The due dates were 10/29, 11/2 and 11/9. The chart due on 11/16 is not yet in the computer grade book. We also gave students an opportunity to complete an "extra chart" over Thanksgiving Break, as well. This is not in the computer grade book yet.
We are noticing a lot of students turning in their practice charts several days late, without parent signature and/or student name, or turning in multiple charts at one time and hoping to get credit for it! This is not acceptable.
If your child has missing practice charts on this progress report, please emphasize the importance of turning in their practice chart homework on time and completed properly. Having "0"s on these grades can really pull their average down.
Reminder: We count 7 out of 9 weeks' worth of charts each quarter. This gives them the opportunity to replace two weeks' worth of missing charts.
Students participating in County/Region/State Auditions
Students must have the original book with them in the audition room and cannot play off a photocopy only. Please plan to purchase this book sooner than later so you are not scrambling to get one at the last minute before auditions. Book Information for the solos can be found at http://www.bandlink.org/allstate/auditions/requirements/junior_solos/. The Instrument Doc currently has most audition books in stock. If for some reason they do not have it, they will order it for you and have it in a couple of days. Please call ahead to be sure they have the book in stock before driving to the store: 843-276-9239.
- All-County Audition Results
Please do not contact the directors regarding audition results. This information will be posted on our Website "Welcome Page" as soon we receive the information. We don't expect to get results before Tuesday, December 4th. An email will be sent out to the "All-County Audition" group with a link to results.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
- 6th Grade Band Rehearsal - Thursday, December 6th from 3:45 - 5:30 pm
- 7th Grade Band Rehearsal - Thursday, December 6th at 7:10 am
- Fundraising Fruit Order Pick-up - Saturday, December 8th from 8 am - 11 am, at Palmetto Presbyterian, 1720 Carolina Park Blvd., Mt. Pleasant 29466
- 6th Grade Winter & Jazz Band Concert - Monday, December 10th at 7 pm - call time 6:15 pm
- 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert - Tuesday, December 11th at 7 pm - call time 6:15 pm
- Classroom Holiday Parties - Thursday, December 20th (Band Room Volunteer Request to be emailed with additional details)
District 2 Attendance Rezoning
Forwarding Information: Implementation of the rezoning plan is now August, 2014. The Moultrie District 2 Board will have Community meetings to further discuss issues and concerns regarding the two rezoning plans.
Outside Concert Opportunities
If you know of any concert opportunities, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, December 3rd - Charleston Christmas Concert at the Performing Arts Center (5001 Coliseum Drive, North Charleston, SC 29418) on Monday, December 3rd at 7 pm. This is the annual East Cooper Baptist Christmas Concert for the community. Admission is free, but come early for a seat.
- Sunday December 2nd - Christmas in the South Concert at the Arts and Crafts Fair in Ladsen - Leonard School of Music performs at 3 pm.
- Thursday, December 6th - Wando Bands Holiday Concert at the Wando High School Performing Arts Center at 7 pm
- Sunday, December 9th - Wando Bands perform in the Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade
- Sunday, December 9th - Cario Brass Choir will perform at Somerby at 2 pm and Barnes and Noble in Towne Center at 3:45 pm.
- Monday, December 10th - 6th Grade Beginning Band and Jazz Band at the Cario Gym at 7 pm (outside concert opportunity for 7th grade and 8th graders not in Jazz Band)
- Tuesday, December 11th - 7th and 8th Grade Winter Concert at the Cario Gym at 7 pm (Outside Concert Opportunity for 6th grade band students)
- Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - The Fifteenth Annual Charleston TUBACHRISTMAS at the Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul, Downtown Charleston at the corner of Coming St. and Vanderhorst St. Performance: 7:30 pm. Admission is free.
Wando Band Boosters Present "BandAide"
Friday, November 30th from 6:30 - 9 pm at Alhambra Hall (131 Middle St. Mt. Pleasant) in Mount Pleasant. It is $25 a ticket which includes food stations by Carrabbas, wine, beer, entertainment by D&M Productions, tickets and chance to bid on silent auction items (get your Holiday Shopping done early!) To order tickets, print out the 2012 Wando BandAide Flyer.
7th & 8th Grade Florida Trip - Important Reminders and Information
- Florida Trip Fundraiser: Students registered for the Florida Trip were given 3 Wando Band Harmony Cards to sell at $15 each on Friday, November 30th (7th Grade Brass received theirs on Friday, November 16th). If you have dropped the trip or you have no intention of selling the 3 cards, please return them immediately to be reassigned (some 8th graders have not received their cards yet).
- Sale runs from December 1st - December 18th. Please return money and unsold cards in the envelope provided. We will continue to sell unsold cards through January 16th. Wando will also give us opportunities to sell cards in front of Harris Teeter and Ace Hardware (dates and times TBD and we usually get 48 - 72 hours notice).
- We will no longer provide refunds if your student drops after 11/08/2012. If a student is grade ineligible by January 23rd, your trip fee is refunded. The trip fees will be credited to your account, if you have a balance owed.
- If you are dropping the trip, please email Caragh Caddell at email@example.com.