Note from the Directors
- Congratulations to all the students who participated in the Region 4 and All-State auditions. Cario Band students received 43 callbacks to the All-State auditions. We broke "the state record" AGAIN with an impressive 20 Cario Band students selected for All-State Junior Band. The final Region 4 Band and Concert Band rosters are posted on our website "Welcome" page with an impressive 68 kids selected. This is also a new record for Cario.
- We are gearing up for various competitions and "Band March Madness". The 7th grade Brass and Woodwinds will start early morning rehearsals on Thursday, February 7th. The 7th Grade Rehearsal Schedule is posted on the "Welcome" page. We will also need one volunteer each morning to monitor the book bags and instrument cases in the hallway and help late students get situated. A separate email will be sent to 7th Grade parents to volunteer for "Early Morning Rehearsal Monitor".
- SmartMusic: Assignments have been given to both 6th and 7th grade.
7th Grade: Measures 1-32 in Lament and Tribal Dances. You must score 95 or higher to submit. DUE Friday, February 1.
6th Grade: #106 DUE Wednesday, February 6
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
Cario Band Bowling Night
We survived the concerts and auditions, so it's time for a little fun before "Band March Madness" arrives! The Cario Band Boosters are coordinating a Band Family Bowling Party. This is a great time for ALL band students to have some fun before our competition season begins. This is also an opportunity for the 6th and 7th brass and woodwinds students to get to know each other. Please note that this is not a drop off event. Students/children must be accompanied by an adult. Please return the Band Bowling Form along with payment (checks made out to Cario Band Boosters) by Tuesday, February 5th.
- Spinz Lanes (613 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Mt Pleasant). Parents, band students and siblings are welcome!
- Cost: $18 per person which includes shoe rental, 2 games, pizza and unlimited drinks, tip and tax.
- Date and Time: Sunday, February 10th from 2 - 4 pm.
Carowinds - 6th Grade
It is time for our annual Carowinds trip for the 6th Grade Beginner Band, Chorus & Orchestra, on Friday, April 26th. The students have worked hard this year and we are rewarding them with a competition performance trip to the Carowinds Music Festival in Rock Hill, SC. Registration information and form were handed out in class. Sign up is first come, first serve and their is a limit of 88 students who can attend. At this time we have already registered 70 students, and anyone with missing information or payment will be put on a wait list. Please remember that if your student is also in Orchestra or Chorus, you do not register with the band. If you have any questions, please contact our Carowinds Trip Coordinator, Caragh Caddell - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carowinds Registration Information
- Carowinds Registration Form
- CCSD Extra Curricular and Medical Form (page 2 must have a date of Tetanus shot, parent signature for Over the Counter Medication and be notarized)
Our last fundraiser closed on Wednesday, January 30th. Please make sure that you have turned in your order forms and money as soon as possible. We will not take late orders past Friday, February 1st.
Outside Concert Opportunities
- Thursday, February 21: Cario Jazz Band Concert (location and time TBA)
- Saturday, February 23: Region 4 Junior and Concert Band - Charleston Southern University (time TBA)