Note from the Directors
- 7th Grade
Lament and Tribal Dances, measures 113-161- DUE Tuesday, March 19 (Grade of 95 or higher)
- 6th Grade Honor Medal
Honor Band Pass-offs - If your students wants to earn the 6th Grade Honor Medal, you only have 7 more weeks to complete the Honor Pass-offs. This is not something you can do in a week as there are over 100 pass-offs.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
It is Band March Madness so please get out your Smart Phones and Family Calendar and note these dates and times!
- Monday, March 18th - 8th Grade Early Morning Rehearsal - 7:10 am Call Time
- Monday, March 18th - Bookworm Angel Drive Begins
- Thursday, March 21st - 6th & 7th Grade Symphonic Band members Lunch Reservation Due for the Saturday Rehearsal
- Thursday, March 21st - Spring Concert for 7th & 8th Grade and Honoring Susan DuPuis our former Assistant Director at 7 pm in the Cario Gym. (6:15 pm Call Time for both bands)
- Saturday, March 23rd - Mandatory Concert Festival Rehearsal for Concert Band (7th Grade): 9 am - Noon (Guest Director - Scott Rush)
- Saturday, March 23rd - Mandatory Concert Festival Rehearsal for Symphonic Band (Selected 6th, 7th & 8th Grade): 1 - 4 pm (Guest Director - Scott Rush)
- Monday, March 25th - Mandatory Concert Festival Rehearsal for Symphonic Band at 7:10 am
- Tuesday, March 26th - Mandatory Florida Trip Chaperone Meeting at 6 pm in the Cario Media Center (Library)
- Tuesday, March 26th - Mandatory Florida Trip Parent Meeting at 7 pm in the Cario Media Center (Library)
- Wednesday, March 27th - Concert Festival 7 am Call Time for 7th Graders (this is a change from the original information sent home). The 8th Grade will depart at 2:15 pm and return at approximately 8 pm.
- Thursday, March 28th - Bookworm Angel Drive Ends
- Tuesday, April 9th - Mandatory Florida Trip Rehearsal for 7th Grade - 7:10 am Call Time
- Wednesday, April 10th - Mandatory Florida Trip Rehearsal for 8th Grade - 7:10 am Call Time
- Wednesday, April 10th - Florida Trip Band Students Uniform Check-in (7 am - 4:30 pm)
- Thursday, April 11th - Depart for Florida - Call Time TBA
Community Service - Bookworm Angels Book Drive
Dates: Monday, March 18th - Thursday, March 28th
What it's about: Bookworm Angels is a nonprofit organization that helps at risk children in the Charleston area improve their reading skills by providing new or gently used fun books to area public schools where many children are reading below grade level.
Participation Details: There will be two large boxes for collecting books - one in the front office and one in the band room. Please send in new or gently used fun books for pre-K through 8th grade reading levels. Please no religious, text books, or encyclopedias! So please look on your bookshelves, your attics, ask your friends and neighbors if they have any appropriate books they'd like to donate that could help a child learn the enjoyment of reading.
Volunteer Credit Hours: Mr. Scott asks all band families to volunteer at least 3 hours a year. This is a great way to fulfill our band requirement. Cario Band Boosters will also extend this to high school students seeking volunteer hours. Please have your student complete the Bookworm Angel Form and place in the "Community Service Box" in the band room.
- Donate 4 books and receive 1 hour of Volunteer Credit
- Donate 8 books and receive 2 hours of Volunteer Credit
- Donate 12 books or more and receive 3 hours of Volunteer Credit
Added Incentive: The band student that donates the most books in each grade will receive a $10 Gift Card from Target (donated by a Cario Band Booster Member).
If you didn't get your dress hemmed, or you had issues with your uniform, get them taken care of before the concerts! If you have any questions, please contact our Uniform Chair - Pam Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 7th Grade Concert Band and Symphonic Band - Thursday, March 21st @ 7 pm in the Gym and Concert Festival on Wednesday, March 27th.
Concert Festival (7th & 8th Grade)
Concert Festival is scheduled for Wednesday, March 27th. This is an adjudicated contest to evaluate our performance as a musical ensemble. The 7th Grade Concert Band will perform in the morning and the Symphonic Band (Selected 6th 7th & 8th Grade) in the afternoon. Additional information will be coming home with the students.
Congratulations to Sean Stalbird (8th Grade Student) who won the "Joey Bag of Donuts" turning in 537 Box Tops in February. The 8th Grade is leading the year-end battle just ahead of the 6th Grade Woodwinds. We have collected over $500 so far, so keep turning in those Box Tops!
- 6th Grade Brass - 858
- 6th Grade Woodwinds - 1115
- 7th Grade Brass - 545
- 7th Grade Woodwinds - 550
- 8th Grade - 1939
Carowinds - 6th Grade
We have had 2 students drop from the trip. If your student would like to register, please send in your form along with payment of $100 by Tuesday, March 19th. If you have any questions, please contact our Carowinds Trip Coordinator, Caragh Caddell - email@example.com.
- Carowinds Registration Information
- Carowinds Registration Form
- CCSD Extra Curricular and Medical Form (page 2 must have a date of Tetanus shot, parent signature for Over the Counter Medication and be notarized)
Outside Concert Opportunities
If you know of any opportunities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include this in the FTBR.
- Thursday, March 21st - Cario Spring Concert (Concert credit to 6th graders) 7 pm in the Cario Gym
- Thursday, March 28, 2013 - Spring Swing CSU Jazz Band & Combo at Charleston Southern University at 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM at the Lightsey Chapel Auditorium. For tickets call CSU Box Office at (843) 863-5500.
- Thursday, April 25th - Cario Jazz Band Concert
- Friday, April 26th - Wando Jazz & Percussion Concert 7 pm at the Wando PAC (Please note that if you have never attended this concert, it is a fabulous concert. Come early to get a seat!)
- Thursday, May 2nd - Wando Band Chamber Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
- Thursday, May 9th - Wando High School Band Spring Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
NOTE: The May Wando Band Concerts can be used for Concert Credit for those working on Honor Medal & Honor Band.