Note from the Directors
- SmartMusic Assignments:
6th Grade Honor Band Pass offs on SmartMusic
All Honor Band pass offs for SmartMusic have been assigned. They are DUE on Monday, May 6. In order to receive credit, each line must be submitted with a grade of 95 or higher and only one Red note or less.
- 7th Grade- SmartMusic Assignments
Pass offs on Spring Concert Music: Spyscape- m. 1-68 DUE Thursday, May 2
Spyscape- m. 69-end DUE Tuesday, May 7
- Students must come to class prepared. Many students are forgetting a pencil, their music, and or mouth piece. Because this is becoming a daily ordeal, we are now taking points off students' grades.
- Please remember that practice charts must be turned in. We have noticed that a large amount of 7th and 8th graders are not turning in their charts.
- There is a 4th Quarter Chair Placement test and Jazz Band Audition for 7th Grade after the Spring Honors Concert. Materials have been handed out and discussed in class.
- There is a chair placement test for 6th grade after the Spring Honors Concert. Materials and information will be given to the students next week.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
- Thursday, April 25th – Jazz Band Concert in the Cario Gym at 7 pm. Call time is 6:30 pm and uniform is "Black and White".
- Friday, April 26th - 6th Grade Carowinds Trip. Call Time is 5:30 am and Departure at 6:00 am (Chaperones arrive at 5:15 am)
- Friday, April 26th – Wando Uniform Measurements – (during 8th Grade Band & Jazz Band classes)
- Sunday, April 28th– Cario Recital at Life Park Church at 2 pm. Call time for students performing is 1:30 pm.
- Tuesday, April 30th Instrument Testing for Rising 5th Graders from 4 – 7:30 pm.
- Monday, May 6th – Deadline to complete Honor Band Pass-offs for 6th Grade Honor Medal
- New: Friday, May 10th - Concert Evaluations due, if you are working towards 6th Grade Honor Medal or 7th and 8th Grade Honor Band.
- Tuesday, May 14th – Honor Band Concert at 7 pm in the Cario Gym (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Bands perform). Call time is 6:15 pm.
- NEW: Friday, May 24th – 2nd Semester Concert Evaluation due for all students.
Solo and Ensemble Schedule
- The Solo and Ensemble Schedule is posted in the Band Room. Please make sure you arrive at least 45 minutes before your performance.
- Award Certificates: Your student will perform their Solo and Ensemble, and step outside the room to wait for their score. Once you have your score sheet, you can choose to buy a certificate at the main entrance. You will need your score sheet and approximately $5.
6th Grade Carowinds Trip
- Your student received the Carowinds Rules for Student Behavior and Itinerary on Friday, April 19th. Please make sure you read the information and that your student understands the expectations for this trip.
- Your student also received their t-shirt and bus card at the end of the Carowinds Rehearsal on Monday. Please have your student bring their bus card to check-in.
- Please remember your $1 for the bus driver tip.
- There are no excess T-shirts for students to exchange for a larger or smaller size. If the t-shirt fits or is a little snug, DON'T wash it!
- Weather forecast for Friday is partly cloudy and 72 degrees.
Outside Concert Opportunities
If you know of any opportunities, please send an email to email@example.com and we will include this in the FTBR.
- Thursday, April 25th - Cario Jazz Band Concert at 7 pm.
- Friday, April 26th - Wando Jazz & Percussion Concert 7 pm at the Wando PAC (Please note that if you have never attended this concert, it is phenomenal! Come early to get a seat!)
- Sunday, April 28th – Cario Recital at Life Park Church at 2 pm.
- Thursday, May 2nd - Wando Band Chamber Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
- Thursday, May 9th - Wando High School Band Spring Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
NOTE: The May Wando Band Concerts can be used for Concert Credit for those working on Honor Medal & Honor Band.