Note from the Directors
- Congratulations to the 6th Grade Beginning Band for achieving Straight Superiors at the Carowinds Music Festival!
- We had an incredible turnout for the 5th Grade Instrument Testing - over 158 students! We want to thank all the parents and students who volunteered and made this event so successful!
- SmartMusic Assignments:
6th Grade Honor Band Pass offs on SmartMusic
All Honor Band pass offs for SmartMusic have been assigned. They are DUE on Monday, May 6. In order to receive credit, each line must be submitted with a grade of 95 or higher and only one Red note or less.
7th Grade- SmartMusic Assignments
Pass offs on Spring Concert Music: Spyscape- m. 1-68 DUE Thursday, May 2
Spyscape- m. 69-end DUE Tuesday, May 7
- Students must come to class prepared. Many students are forgetting a pencil, their music, and or mouth piece. Because this is becoming a daily ordeal, we are now taking points off students' grades.
- Please remember that practice charts must be turned in. We have noticed that a large amount of 7th and 8th graders are not turning in their charts.
- There is a 4th Quarter Chair Placement test and Jazz Band Audition for 7th Grade after the Spring Honors Concert. Materials have been handed out and discussed in class.
- There is a chair placement test for 6th grade after the Spring Honors Concert. Materials and information will be given to the students next week.
Jeff Scott and Emily Wilkinson
- Monday, May 6th – Deadline to complete Honor Band Pass-offs for 6th Grade Honor Medal
- Monday, May 6th - 8th Grade Wando Band Auditions Begin
- New: Friday, May 10th - Concert Evaluations due, if you are working towards 6th Grade Honor Medal or 7th and 8th Grade Honor Band.
- Tuesday, May 14th – Honor Band Concert at 7 pm in the Cario Gym (6th, 7th and 8th Grade Bands perform). Call time is 6:15 pm.
- NEW: Friday, May 24th – 2nd Semester Concert Evaluation due for all students.
Solo and Ensemble Schedule
- Students have received the Solo and Ensemble Ticket and Information Sheet in class (also posted on the Cario Bands Welcome page http://cariobands.org). Please make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes before your performance.
- Award Certificates: Your student will perform their Solo and Ensemble, and step outside the room to wait for their score. Once you have your score sheet, you can choose to buy a certificate at the main entrance. You will need your score sheet and approximately $1.
- Students that want to purchase the Solo and Ensemble Medal, must bring $3 (exact change only) to class on Friday, May 10th.
- Daniel Island School - 2365 Daniel Island Drive, Charleston, SC 29492
Outside Concert Opportunities
If you know of any opportunities, please send an email to email@example.com and we will include this in the FTBR.
- Thursday, May 2nd - Wando Band Chamber Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
- Thursday, May 9th - Wando High School Band Spring Concert 7 pm Wando PAC
NOTE: The May Wando Band Concerts can be used for Concert Credit for those working on Honor Medal & Honor Band.