Notes from the Directors
- In preparation for our Spooky Concert on the evening of October 29, there will be a combined full band rehearsal for the 7th Grade Band on Thursday, October 24 at 7:10 am in the band room.
Morning Drop-off Instructions: You must drop-off your student in front of the gym. Students enter the related arts building by the Art Room (doors closest to the 6th grade wing). Do Not Drop-off or enter the Related Arts Building at the band room doors by the Cabanas.
- Spooky Halloween Concert 7th & 8th Grade ~ Tuesday, October 29th: Uniform is a a Halloween costume. Please remember that you need to be comfortable and be able to move around in your costume. Call Time is 6:15 pm. The concert is in the Cario Gym at 7 pm. This counts as a concert opportunity for 6th graders.
- 7th and 8th Grade Students - All-County/Region/All-State Audition Registration
The Audition Registration Form for All County/Region/State auditions were DUE back on Friday, October 18th. The last day to register is Monday, October 21st (no late registrations will be accepted) and MUST have a parent signature.
SmartMusic - All Grades
- 6th Grade SmartMusic Assignment
Line #23- Assigned on 10/7, was DUE on Monday 10/14
Line #29- Assigned 10/14, DUE 10/21
- 7th and 8th Grade SmartMusic Assignment
7 Major Scales- Assigned on 10/7, DUE on Tuesday, November 26 (day before Thanksgiving Break)
Mr. Scott and Mrs. Wilkinson
- Wednesday, October 16th - Wednesday, November 1st ~ Fruit and Pie Sales
- Friday, October 18th ~ Deadline for Honor Audition Registration (7th & 8th Grade)
- Monday, October 21st ~ 7th & 8th Grade: Last day to register for Honor Auditions (7th & 8th Grade)
- Monday, October 21st ~ Cario Bands Box Tops - It's not to late to turn in your Box Tops!
- Wednesday, October 23rd ~ Cario Middle School make-up picture day
- Wednesday, October 23rd ~ Cario Band Spirit Wear Orders Due
- Thursday, October 24th ~ MANDATORY 7th Grade Spooky Halloween Concert Rehearsal at 7:10 am in the Band Room
- Monday, October 28th ~ No School
- Tuesday, October 29th ~ Florida Trip Fundraiser - Harmony Cards Pre-order Forms & Payments due
- Tuesday, October 29th ~ Spooky Halloween Concert at 7 pm in the Cario Gym ~ Concert is approximately 45 minutes and counts as a concert opportunity for 6th graders.
- Tuesday, October 29th ~ Tuesday, November 19th Cario Bands Coat Drive
- Sunday, November 3rd ~ Daylight Savings Time (Fall Back one hour)
- Tuesday, November 5th ~ Cario Middle School Early Release 1:30 pm
- Thursday, November 7th ~ Florida Trip $85 Deposit Due/Last Day to Drop
- Wednesday, November 27th - Friday November 29th ~ Thanksgiving Break
Florida Trip Fundraiser
- The 7th & 8th grade students participating in the Florida Trip are collecting pre-sale orders for the Wando Harmony Cards to offset the cost of the trip. These cards are $15 and have a variety of discounts from local businesses that support the band community. The 10% discount at The Instrument Doc, Mellow Mushroom, Brixx Pizza, Papa Murphy's Pizza and more will easily pay for the card. Band families love this card and we would appreciate the support for this fundraiser.
- If you would like a card, please complete the Harmony Card Pre-order Form with your $15 (checks made out to Cario Band Boosters) and place in the Harmoney Card Bucket in the band room. Deadline for pre-order sales is Tuesday, October 29th.
Fruit & Pie Fundraisers run through Friday, November 1st
- Donate Fruit & Pies to East Cooper Community Outreach (ECCO). We are partnering with ECCO to donate Pies and Fruit for families in need for the holiday season. Your student will receive a portion of the profit, and the customer can take a deduction on their taxes! Please print out the Fall Fundraising Flyer to provide customers with a record of their donation.
- If someone wants their order (or a portion of their order) donated to ECCO, please note ECCO on the order form.
- If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cario Bands Community Coat Drive
Cario Bands is coordinating a school wide Coat Drive! Lowcountry Orphan Relief needs new or gently used coats. Please make sure the the donations are clean. Collection boxes will be in the band room and front office. The donation period is from Tuesday, October 29th through Tuesday, November 19th. For every 3 coats donated you earn 1 volunteer hour ~ complete the Coat Drive Donation Form and turn the coats and form in the band room bin. We will have a collection bag in the Gym Foyer to collect coats at the Halloween Concert on Tuesday, October 29th. Contact email@example.com if you have questions or can help deliver donations. Thank you for your generosity!
Cario Bands Spirit Wear Orders ~ Due Wednesday, October 23rd
We are placing Hoodie, Cinch Sack and Sport Bag orders that will arrive in time for the holidays. Sweatshirts are in adult sizes only. Spirit Wear Order Forms are available in the Band Room. We will deliver orders to the students in class ~ Date TBA. Ordering Cario Band Spirit Wear is optional and is provided to you at cost. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Corrections were made to some of the dates and times. Reminder: Only one Wando Band Marching performance counts towards your concert attendance. Wando High School games are not a drop off event. Middle school students must be accompanied by an adult. This is a policy set by Wando High School Administration.
Tuesday, October 29th ~ 7th & 8th Grade Halloween Concert (Concert Opportunity for 6th Graders) 7 pm in the Cario Gym (concert is approximately 45 minutes)
Friday, November 1st ~ Wando Marching Band Performance ~ Wando vs. Cane Bay @ 7:30 pm
Thursday, November 21st ~ Wando Bands Concert Time TBA