Notes from the Directors
Congratulations to all the students that participated in the Honor Band County, Region and State auditions. We have shattered the record for the number of All-State students earning a chair from a single school. A record that Cario Bands has broken for the last 6 years!
We have entered "Band March Madness", the busiest season for our band program. Please make sure you are reading the FTBR and emails that will be sent to specific groups (i.e. 6th Grade Carowinds participants, Region Clinic students, Concert Festival Bands etc.). February through April is our busiest season and a time where our calendar can change at the last minute. Please be flexible and patient during these months as the Directors and our Band Booster Board work very hard to communicate important information in a timely manner.
Concert Festival (7th & 8th Grades)
We sent home and have added the 7th Grade and Symphonic (selected 7th and 8th grade) Concert Festival early morning rehearsals to our Cario Band Calendar. Please make sure you have placed these dates on your calendar. We will send reminder emails to parents and students the day before rehearsal. We have a Mandatory Clinic for both the 7th Grade and Symphonic Bands on Saturday, March 22nd (times noted below).
Unexcused absences may result in the student not being chosen for performance or loss of membership in either band. Excused absences may only be obtained in advance and only approved in emergency situations. Our competition season is very short and attendance at each rehearsal is crucial to the success of each band.
- 7th Grade Concert Festival Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Symphonic Concert Festival Band Rehearsal Schedule (selected 7th and 8th Grade Band Students)
6th Grade SmartMusic Assignments
- Line #105 Assigned 1/31 DUE 2/7
- Line #106 Assigned 1/31 DUE 2/7
Mr. Scott and Mrs. Wilkinson
- Tuesday, February 4, ~ 7:15 am ~ Concert Festival Symphonic Band Rehearsal ~ 7:15 am (selected 7th and 8th grade band students) Rescheduled from 2/3 adjusted due to school cancelations
- Tuesday, February 4, ~ Spirit Wear Orders Due (adjusted due to school cancelations) Note: Our order must be turned in to our vendor on Wednesday, to ensure delivery by Region Clinic. Oder forms will not be accepted after 2/4.
- Thursday, February 4 ~ Bowling Forms Due (adjusted due to school cancelations)
- Thursday, February 6 ~ 7:10 am ~ 7th Grade Concert Festival Band Early Morning Rehearsal
- Sunday, February 9 ~ Cario Band Bowling
- Monday, February 10 ~ 7:15 am ~ Concert Festival Symphonic Band Rehearsal ~ 7:15 am (selected 7th and 8th grade band students)
- Wednesday, February 12 ~ Final Florida Trip Payment Due
- Thursday, February 13 ~ NO 7TH GRADE CONCERT FESTIVAL BAND REHEARSAL
- Wednesday, February 18 ~ All FSA, Instrumental Rental, Band & Trip Fees MUST be paid in full
- Thursday, March 20 ~ Pre Festival Concert ~ 7th Grade Concert Festival Band and Symphonic Band (selected 7th and 8th grade band students)
- Saturday, March 22 ~ 9 am - Noon ~Mandatory 7th Grade Concert Festival Band Clinic
- Saturday, March 22 ~ 1 - 4 pm ~ Mandatory Symphonic Concert Festival Band Clinic (selected 7th and 8th grade band students)
The 2nd payment for the Florida Trip was due on Thursday, January 23rd. If you have not made this payment, please send it in as soon as possible. We need to make payments to our vendors and there are a lot of students that haven't made the 2nd payment. Please remember that the final payment for the trip is Wednesday, February 12. ALL FSA, Instrumental Rental, Band & Trip Fees MUST be paid in full by Wednesday, February 18. Tickets will not be ordered for your student, if your account balance is not paid in full. If you have any questions, please contact our trip coordinator, Caragh Caddell at email@example.com.
Carowinds ~ 6th Grade
The Registration Form and Information Sheet can be found on our website under "For Parents and Students", Trips/Carowinds. We are limited to 94 student and have filled 75. Please make sure you read and follow the instructions for registration. Parents have sent in a check and medical form and no registration form and have been signing for the Notary. Remember you will not be on the trip until all information submitted and complete. If you have any questions, please contact our trip coordinator, Caragh Caddell at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must turn in the following:
- Registration Form and $110 payment
- Completed and Notarized 2013 - 2014 Medical Form (you must provide a date for the tetanus shot)
We currently have 40 students registered, there are 46 spots available. Parents are welcome to bowl! Please complete the Registration Form and return by Tuesday, February 4.
Where: Sparians at River Bowl Charleston ~ 613 Johnnie Dodds Blvd
Cost: $18 per person (includes shoe rental, 2 games, pizza & unlimited drinks, tip and tax)
Parents, band students and siblings are welcome! Note: We have the entire bowling alley reserved and 96 spots available, so don't delay sending in your reservation! Please note that this is not a drop off event. Students/children must be accompanied by an adult. Important: Adults do not have to bowl, but have fun when they do! Please return the Bowling Form along with payment (checks made out to Cario Band Boosters) by Tuesday, February 4. Lane sign-ups sheets will be available in the band room on Wednesday, February 5. Your names are preloaded into the lanes so your group can get started as soon as all your bowlers arrive at the lane.
If you would like to order a Hoodie, Sport Bag, Cinch Sack or Garment Bag before the Concert Festival or trips, please send in the Spring Spirit Wear Order Form no later than Tuesday, February 4th. If you have any questions, please contact Caroline McKinney email@example.com.