From the President
We are two weeks into the semester already, and you've been bombarded with flyers, emails, notices, and all sorts of things coming home. We're writing letters today and preparing to send those out to raise money for our program, we're paying our Fair Share fees, and we're planning the New Parent Breakfast. In the rush of the week, please take moments to breathe deeply, to take in the beauty of our kids, and celebrate these exciting times! In the words of Albert Einstein, "In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
You should've received an email from Mrs. Mumford about setting up your student's SmartMusic account. Read those directions carefully! Students must have their accounts activated and the first response assignment completed by September 6th!
Cario Lessons Academy
Applications are still being accepted! Secure your spot SOON! Lessons begin September 7th.
Fast Start Clinics
WOODWINDS/PERCUSSION - AUGUST 31, 6-8 PM
BRASS - SEPTEMBER 1, 6-8 PM
- Please arrive at 5:45 so we can get started at 6:00 PM sharp.
- Parents use the GYM as the drop-off and pick-up location for the safety of our children
- Instruments: If you use a CARIO instrument, grab it from the storage room.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR MOUTHPIECE
If you rented instruments from Music & Arts, they will be delivered to the band room on the day of your clinic (unless you picked it up from Music & Arts already)
- AFTER Your Fast Start clinic (6th graders only), bring your instrument to class!
- 6th grade Woodwinds/Percussion bring instruments starting September 1
- 6th grade Brass bring their instruments starting September 2
From the Treasurer
Thank you parents for your cooperation in making the various payments for Cario Bands! Starting a new school year is an expensive time, and hopefully you will see (and hear) the return on your investment at the December concerts! Remember, when writing a check:
1) Make it payable to "Cario Band Boosters"
2) on the memo line, please write your child's name and the purpose of the check (i.e. Fair Share, Lessons Academy, etc.)
3) Checks can be sent with your child to school. They must place it in THE BOX in Mr. Scott's office, OR you may mail them to our mailing address for the Band Boosters:
Cario Band Boosters
1121 Park West Blvd, Suite B, #224
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Fair Share Fees
The initial Fair Share payment of $100 is now due. Please send this in if you haven't already. The balance is due by December 2nd. If you have questions, please contact the Accounts Receivable treasurer Becky Rabb at email@example.com.
Online Payment Options?
We are investigating various online options to make payments to the Cario Band Boosters. It's possible we'll have an online payment system in place very soon, so please stay tuned! We hope to set it up so that you can make Fair Share payments, Trip deposits, and other payments to the Band Boosters in Charms. More to come soon!
August 31 - 6th grade WW/PERC Fast Start Clinic, 6-8 PM, Band Room
September 1 - 6th grade BRASS Fast Start Clinic, 6-8 PM, Band Room
September 6 - RSVP Deadline for New Parent Breakfast
September 10 - NEW PARENT WELCOME BREAKFAST, 7-10 AM, Burton's Grill
September 17 - BEACH SWEEP, Sullivan's Island
October 3 & 4 - 7th and 8th Grade UNIFORM NIGHTS, 4-7 PM, Band Room
October 7 - 8th GRADE WANDO BAND NIGHT, Wando Stadium