This week in band:
The Orlando trip was a BLAST! We had so much fun, and the students were well behaved and a pleasure to hang out with for 4 days. We are working on putting a folder of pictures together to share with you. Students, please make sure you take care of your missing work ASAP.
The Symphonic Band performed at the SCBDA Concert Performance Assessment on Tuesday and earned a Superior Rating. All 5 judges gave the band a superior, with straight A’s in all categories! We are so proud of the musicianship you displayed and all the hard work it took to get there. You can listen to a recording of their performance HERE
Solo and Ensemble: If you are signed up for solo and ensemble, you should be picking music by the end of this week if you have not already. Everyone needs an original copy of your music for yourself and your judge. Students that are doing a solo, if your solo requires piano accompaniment, please contact Tessa Allen. She will be accompanying any student that needs it. Her information is HERE
Summer camp opportunities
- Furman University summer camp
- Charleston Southern University summer camp
- TBD: Wando Band auditions
- April 22: 6th Grade Carowinds Trip
- April 29 or 30: Solo and Ensemble
- May 17: Spring Honors Concert (All Band Students)
- TBD: Beach Bash
Band Assignments for the Week
- Practice charts due Friday for all grades. 120 minutes per week. Parent signature required.
- 6th Grade Smart Music: Line 136 due by Sunday, April 3, 2022